Saturday, November 8, 2014

On the Run

A little late blogging this morning (now afternoon) as we got up early to watch our daughter Julia curl in a Kemptville bonspiel. They won this morning so we'll be heading back later this afternoon. Spending weekends in curling clubs has been our fall back position since the girls were in little rocks, so about the last twenty years of cheering from behind the glass.

New bookmarks arrived in the mail from Dundurn.  Here's a shot of the front and back.


Got some writing time in this week - squeezing in hours and up to 9000 words. Feels good to get this plot moving. I'm off to Toronto for a Saturday panel at the Inspire International Book Fair. Someone from work sent me an e-mail that they saw my name on the schedule and plan to attend the session. I hope you can make it too if you're down Toronto way.  I'm with some other Dundurn authors on the Discovery stage at 5 p.m.

I was also asked to be the guest speaker at the Capital Crime Writers Christmas dinner on Wednesday, December 10 and said I'd do it if Mary Jane Maffini interviewed me. We met last Sunday for a few hours chatting about questions and the way we wanted to organize our time. I know there are some spots left if you feel like a nice meal at the Tavola restaurant in the Merivale Market Mall and conversation about mysteries and crime-writing. This event is open to non-members. Most of our local crime authors come to the event. I also hear that the food is fabulous.

Well, my time is up today - I'm heading to lunch with a friend and then back to Kemptville. Hope your weekend is not as hectic as mine ....

No comments:

Post a Comment