Friday, November 14, 2014

Leaving on a Via Train

Well today is the day I head to Toronto for Inspire International Book Fair! Going by train and staying overnight so a min-vacation in gloomy November - speaking of which, first stay-on-the-ground snowfall yesterday. Seeing other parts of the country with quite a bit of snow already, Ottawa has been lucky thus far. Time to dust off the winter boots.

Back to Inspire, I'm on a Dundurn panel on the Discovery Stage from 5-6 pm with Barbara Fradkin, R.J. Harlick, Nick Wilkshire and David Poulsen and our interviewer/moderator is Stephen Beattie from Quill & Quire. Then, we do a signing for half an hour. I see Margaret Atwood is on the main stage from 3-4 on Saturday. This is quite the event and the first year for it - getting a ton of press. I'll let you know how it goes next week.

Got in some writing time and also went through A Model Death again, looking a few suggestions fromt he proof reader. After the editor finishes with it, a proof reader gives the manuscript a final read. This one will be out before the end of this year. I also received a contract for book five to be written in 2016. Anna Sweet will be on the case after a year rest :-)

I'm also working with an American publicist for the release of Buterfly Kills. I had to fill in a questionnaire and we worked on a news release. It would be beyond fabulous to make inroads in the U.S. market. On va voir.

Time to throw some clothes in a bag and get ready to catch the train. I don't know about you, but I love the train - sitting back and watching the landscape go by and listening to the clickity clack and mournful whistle. I once took the train from Kingston to Thunder Bay and remember sitting in the dome car to watch the sunset. You have to go a long way to beat that experience. Not sure the train goes to Thunder Bay anymore. (I'm beginning to sound like an old-timer.) The train does still go to Toronto though and I'm happy to be on it in a few hours.

Good weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip Brenda - like you, I love travelling by train!

    ReplyDelete