Saturday, December 1, 2018

Bring on the Glitter

A decent week.

I completed the first draft of my latest manuscript and am about a quarter of the way through it again making revisions. I plan to keep editing until it's time to turn it in to the publisher on January 1st. That'll be something worth toasting!

Mystery Weekend at Indigo Barrhaven last Saturday and Sunday was a solid success by all accounts. I was there from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., manning the table with Jim Napier the first two hours and Barbara Fradkin for the last one. We met a lot of readers and sold quite a few books in the process, many for Christmas gifts. Thank you to those friends who came by. This was a Crime Writers of Canada event organized by our regional representative Katherine Prairie so hats off to her and to Shelley, the Indigo rep who set everything up. We certainly felt welcome.


 With author and book reviewer Jim Napier
Barbara Fradkin, Katherine Prairie and me

I do not have any planned events in December although Barbara Fradkin and I are dropping by a fondue later today put on by one of our readers who also organizes a book club or two. Should be a fun time to kick off the season.

Speaking of which, we've turned the calendar into December so only three weeks until the big day - although it feels as if we just had Christmas. It is a good time of year to get together with friends and family for dinners and festivities and I like the lead up for that reason. I've also got some magpie in my bloodline because I'm attracted to all the glitter and sparkle and twinkling lights that brighten up the dark days of winter.

Christmas display in Tivoli's, my neighbourhood flower shop

No comments:

Post a Comment