Saturday, March 25, 2017

Winning ways

Well, since the last post, Team Homan won the round robin at Worlds with a perfect 11-0 record against a tough field and won the one-two game yesterday morning to secure a spot in the gold-medal final on Sunday. I'll be getting up at 3 a.m. to watch - the opponent yet to be decided as the final teams play down. We couldn't be prouder of these girls.


Rachel, Emma, Joanne, Lisa and Cheryl - Go Team Canada!

I was also curling a lot this week - eight games in five days with the last two ahead today. So far, I have a 4-2 record, having played on three different teams. This curling marathon has cut into my writing time, but I'm well on track with my projects regardless: heading up to 14,000 words on the new manuscript; submitted seven paragraphs for review in the adult literacy project; waiting for editor to send back edits on the latest Anna Sweet mystery; prepared my one-hour presentation for the Ottawa Independent Writers talk on April 18....

I'm not sure that I mentioned that I'll be signing at Sleuth of Baker Street in Toronto on Saturday, April 15 from 1:00 to 3:00 (Easter weekend). I'll be there with two Toronto authors Steve Burrows and Leslie Shimotakahara. I hear we might even be doing some readings and answering questions about our writing and books. I hope you can come by if you're in Toronto. Sleuth is a famous mystery bookstore and this will be my first visit.  Here's a link to their newsletter.

And back in Ottawa, a few events on the horizon:

April 7 from 7-9 p.m. - Shallow End launch at the Heart and Crown on Preston (all welcome).
April 18 at 7 p.m. - guest speaker at Ottawa Independent Writers' meeting.
April 22 from 11-2 p.m. - signing at Coles Carlingwood.
April 24 - 7 p.m. - guest speaker at Russell Public Library.
April 29 from 1-3 p.m. - signing at Chapters Kanata.

Lots of opportunities for you to catch up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment