Saturday, March 18, 2017

Reviews, Snow and Curling ... Go Team Canada!

The winter that never ends. That what we've been experiencing in Ottawa. I look out at the fresh, high snow banks and have to believe this is it ... but I thought that last week before the blizzard.

We have exciting curling to watch when we don't feel like going outside. My daughter Lisa's team (with Rachel Homan, Emma Miskew and Joanne Courtney) won their two opening games against China and Germany in Beijing with the match against Russia coming up at 2 a.m. tonight or should I say early Sunday morning. I taped last night's opener and watched this morning - thus the delay in getting my day underway. I also have company this weekend - one that needs lots of walks in the winter wonderland.


So this week, I got some writing in on my latest manuscript, now at 11,000 words, and researched and wrote a few paragraphs for the literacy workbooks. I hope to write another one today and continue with the manuscript. Another big task was getting my receipts and documents organized for my tax return, which is now with my accountant. That's always a load off my mind when I turn in the pack of papers.

The reader reviews for Shallow End have been terrific. Jim, owner of Perfect Books, emailed my yesterday that they'd sold out of their copies and are waiting for the book to be reprinted! Wow. I can't thank everyone enough for all your support. The Ottawa launch is three weeks away and I'm hoping you can make it if you're in the city. Mary Jane Maffini is my wonderful MC and Books on Beechwood will be on hand with copies for purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment