Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Week Ahead

I have a busy week ahead, beginning this evening with a fund-raiser at the Ottawa School of Speech and Drama. I'll be reading from In Winter's Grip and then taking part in a panel discussion with Chirs Forrest, Mary Jan Maffini and Barbara Fradkin and led by Tim Wynne-Jones. The evening also includes wine-tasting, hors d'oeuvres and dessert . . . all for a worthy cause. Sunday, I'm meeting with Barb Fradkin and Mike Levin at a local Bridgehead. Mike is interviewing us for an article he'll be submitting to the Kitchissippi Times. I also blogged for Type M for Murder and it will be posted on Sunday: http://typem4murder.blogspot.com/ Monday, my ladies team made the playoffs in the ladies' A division and we have a sudden-death game right after I finish work. If we win, we could also play Wednesday, and Thursday. (Yay team!) Tuesday evening, Chris Forrest and I will be reading and in conversation with Tim Wynne-Jones at the main branch of the Ottawa Public Library beginning at 7:00 p.m. I hope lots can make it out for what promises to be an interesting discussion about writing and the book industry. Wednesday, I could be curling still and then will need to rush downtown to the Library and Archives for the Capital Crime Writers meeting, where I am on a panel with Robin Harlick and Tom Curren to discuss researching a novel. This could be very tight. Thursday, is the ladies curling final and banquet. And then on Friday . . . I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment