Saturday, November 6, 2010

Catching Up

Home sweet home after nearly two weeks on the road.

I flew to Saskatoon on Wednesday for work and fit in a signing/reading at McNally Robinson bookstore. I was greeted by Nicole Berard and made to feel most welcome. The photo above is just some of the in-store publicity for the event. A few from the local community came out for the reading, including a girl from my old home town, whom I hadn't seen since we were kids. In fact, our families used to spend Christmas dinner together for a number of years. Hearing from people from my past is one of the most wonderful benefits of publicizing books. A number of my colleagues also came to the reading after a long day of work, many of whom I met on the trip. I was quite humbled by their support of me and my writing. A huge thank you to all who came out and bought books.

And now, down to the business of Barb Fradkin and my book launch on November 16th. We have details to sort out and people to invite. It promises to be a fun evening with my road trip mate Mary Jane Maffini as MC. I hope all can make it. Who knows what road stories she'll tell :-)

Also waiting in my in box is an edited version of "The Second Wife", the Orca Rapid Reads book due out this spring. That makes two manuscripts I'm editing for publication next year. Luckily, I have until December for the second one. Whew. Lots to do!

I never did get those tulip bulbs planted. Let's hope the snow holds off for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment