Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Room With A View



My office. Years ago when I started writing, I didn't have a spot in our little house to work. Ted decided I needed my own space and worked with an architect to create this room for me. The window in front of my desk looks out over our pine and balsam trees and it's one of my favourite places to be. I have a reading nook at the opposite end of the room where Ted and I spend time every evening after work, catching up on our day. If a room could have personality, mine has become a friend.


I've had a busy week - Monday, I cooked a turkey dinner for ten - great fun. Tuesday night I read from In Winter's Grip at the Ottawa Library along with other writers in the Canadian Authors Association. Lots of variety in reading selections and an interesting evening. Wednesday, I began sending out notices about Barb Fradkin's and my launch on Nov. 16th at the Library and Archives. Publicity is time-consuming - that took all evening. Thursday, I appeared by phone on CBC Radio to talk about advance voting in the municipal election, then went curling. Friday, dinner with friends - and of course full work days all week. Today, I still have lots to do but will set aside writing time.


This week as well, In Winter's Grip also received its first review in Unfolding online magazine's blog. You can read it at http://www.unfolding.ca/ About the book's release. There has been an issue with the printer, which I hope is soon resolved. I will have some books for my trip south and have my fingers crossed that the rest are available soon. I know lots of people are waiting.


So time to get the day underway. I think I'll start with another cup of coffee . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment