Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Weekly Round Up

Good Saturday morning.

A few things to report this week. I'm going to be taking part in the Ottawa Arthur Ellis announcement evening on April 17 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. at the Rideau Chapters with Mary Jane Maffini moderating. Simultaneous events are being held across the country with local other crime writers leading up to the shortlist announcements at the end of the evening. All are welcome to come out. Below is the event poster with the Ottawa entries for best crime novel - these are just a few of the entries from across Canada.

\
I received an invitation to speak to a woman's group in May about my writing. They meet in my neighbourhood so I was happy to accept. My dance card is filling up :-)

Also this week, my last Anna Sweet novella came back with the editor's suggestions. I started going through the manuscript yesterday and am about half way through. I figure this will take me well into next week. I've also been writing off and on, trying to organize my thoughts and the plot line. It's been a few years since I started a brand new project so I'm feeling my way.

Another week and a bit before I fly to Left Coast Crime in Vancouver. My flights do not seem to be affected by the recent grounding of the Boeing planes. I am happy that they're not flying until whatever malfunction(s) in the system is sorted out. There has been too much tragedy already.

The conference is being held at the Hyatt-Regency so a lovely setting not too far from the waterfront. I've only been to Vancouver once before and look forward to seeing more of the city. One event that I'll be taking part in is called the author-reader connection, which I mentioned in passing in a previous blog post. Mary Jane Maffini, Barbara Fradkin and I are hosting four readers for an hour at a pub overlooking the harbour on Friday late afternoon. Our event was listed on the website and already we have four readers signed up. This will be a fun opportunity to introduce our work over a glass of wine.

And here's the link to my latest 7 Criminal Minds blog from this past Monday in case you missed it first time around.

Enjoy the week ahead everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment