Saturday, May 19, 2018

A Royal Morning ... and Release Day!

So I don't think it a coincidence that Harry and Meghan picked today - the official day of my book's release - as the date of their wedding. One might outshine the other, but both worth raising a glass:-) You too can walk with me down the aisle ... of a local bookstore ... and celebrate this auspicious day. You can even wear a fascinator. No judgement.



The Turning Secrets manuscript boomeranged back to me Thursday afternoon for my second review after Shannon Whibbs incorporated our first round of changes. I have until Wednesday to make my changes. After Shannon has a last look, the manuscript goes to the copy editor for a review of punctuation, spelling and grammar. I'll then have a last look. I also worked on the acknowledgements this week and will submit them with my edits. I'll also look for an appropriate quote or two, usually from poetry, to add to the opening page. The cover is currently being designed and I'm looking forward to seeing what Laura Boyle creates.

I've got one media engagement this Wednesday. I'll be a guest on Rogers Cable 22 and the show The Author's Journey with host Mony Dojeiji at noon. The show is live but rebroadcast twice more at 6 and 11 p.m. the same day so you can see how I make out if you have Rogers. It could be posted and I'll repost here if so.

I got in a bit of writing on my latest manuscript before the editing started up again yesterday. I'm almost one third of the way through this seventh and final Stonechild and Rouleau. I have to tie up the storylines of my main characters as well as plot out the new crime so a bit of a challenge. I'll get back at it next week and should make my monthly word count if I buckle down.

Well, I watched the royal wedding live beginning at 5:45 a.m., not intentionally, but I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep. This could be a two-pot of coffee morning as I get back to the editing. Rain is forecast for the afternoon and then two lovely days of sun and warmth to round out the long weekend. I've managed to get a lot of gardening in this week and hope to finish planting on Sunday. Never enough time in the day to get everything done.

I'm sending a royal wave as I get out of my wedding attire (pale blue housecoat and black slippers) and prepare to eat the royal breakfast - granola and blueberries with a dollop of yogurt. I'm thinking that Pimm's sounds like a good idea and might need to pour a glass for afternoon tea.

Cheerio mates! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment