Saturday, October 1, 2016

Ending September with a Bang

This has been something of a week. Last Saturday, on my way home from the mall, a man ran a stop sign and hit me broadside, totaling my car. Luckily, neither of us was hurt but I have to tell you that seeing a car coming at you and speeding up is unnerving. Then yesterday, Ted severed a tendon in his hand at work, driving a piece of metal into his knuckle. Emergency surgery yesterday reattached the tendon but healing will take at least six weeks.

 Let's hope October unfolds with less excitement.



Writing is rolling along on the latest manuscript although I won't be able to judge if everything is coming together until I finish and go back through the book as a whole. On a good day, I've been writing about five hundred words before lunch and then another five hundred in the afternoon. I spend the latter part of the afternoon reviewing the final draft of Cold Mourning on Booktrack and while I'm reading it, I've been making notes of all the characters and geographical names for the actress who'll be putting the book on tape. I'm to record my pronunciation of each word and send to her before taping, which is now scheduled for end of October/beginning of November. I'm hoping to get to Toronto to meet Michelle St John and to watch a taping.

Also this week, I attended Linda Wiken and Barbara Fradkin's book launch at the Heart and Crown in the Market on Wednesday evening. There was a great turn out and I enjoyed meeting up with old friends and raising a glass to toast their latest accomplishments. When you consider how much work, sweat and love go into each book, and the odds against even being published, an evening to stop and celebrate with the authors is a sweet deal. Each book is the first in a new series so some good reading ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment