Saturday, June 27, 2015

Catching Up


Last weekend in June. My goal is to be at 70,000 words on the latest manuscript; I am at 67,000. Luckily, I have this weekend to lessen the gap. The plot appears to be coming together. I've jotted some notes that give me a bit of a roadmap.

I spoke with a reporter from Ottawa Magazine this week - he contacted me to be part of an article for the October issue. Lots of information and interesting articles on their web site that you might want to puruse. Two caught my eye: The Opinicon update - I've been following the sale and renovation of this old inn in Elgin on the Rideau Canal system and think it would be a great spot for an overnight getaway in the fall.  Also interesting is the article about a local Westboro shop called Chez François - I've bought bread and numerous gifts from this charming store and had no idea that François and his wife make all of the pasteries and bread as well as many other foods. If you get the chance, drop in. They also serve breakfast and I think we'll have to take a walk to try it out one weekend morning. I'm also thinking these chocolate lime curd tarts need tasting!

I'm going to be appearing on CKCU's Literary Landscape on Thursday, July 9 - The station is 93.1 on the FM dial if you're in the Ottawa area.

Well, the day is beckoning - sunny and warm to end out the month. I'll be writing and taking breaks to work in the garden. This has to be the best time of year for those of us living in the north.

Happy Canada Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment