Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Good Good Day

I have nervous typing fingers today as my daughter Lisa's ladies curling team under Rachel Homan's skipship takes on Scotland's Eve Muirhead in the 2/3 game in an hour in the world championships. The Homan team played a solid game this morning, and I'm confident they can go all the way to gold. Still, nervous times for all the parents :-) Very proud times too.

Tuesday, I braved the late-season snowstorm to cross the bridge into Quebec to speak with Mr. Cooper's creative writing class at Darcy McGee High School. What a nice group of kids, who asked lots of good questions - the hour rather flew by. This is the second year that they publish a literary magazine and Tuesday was also the day they posed for photos for their publication, a few of the guys even dressing in costume. They gave me a copy of last year's magazine as a parting gift, and I look forward to reading it soon.


Yesterday, I arrived home to an e-mail from Allister Thompson with the cover jpeg for Cold Mourning and it's a keeper! I'm not sure yet if I can share or what the marketing strategy is so I will hold off. You'll just have to tune back in, hopefully in a day or two. I'll be posting on my Facebook page.

I'm also working with my website guy Jared to revamp the main page of the site to make the news more accessible. If you have suggestions, send along an e-mail to me through the site. We'll need the weekend to get it into shape, especially since I'm a bit preoccupied with this curling business :-)

Speaking of which, I'd better get in my pre-game pacing.

Go Canda Go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment