Saturday, September 1, 2012

We Have Lift Off

Second Chances has arrived! My author copies were delivered by courrier on Wednesday, and Dundurn tweeted that they began shipping to stores yesterday. It still gives a thrill to hold that finished book for the first time.

The official launch is three weeks from now at Collected Works - the first time I've held a launch in a bookstore. I have wonderful friends who've offered to help me get food ready and others to serve the refreshments. Councillor Katherine Hobbs will MC with some opening remarks and I'll read a short passage. It should be a relaxed, busy afternoon as I send my book out into the world of readers.

I've finished another little project I had on the go for the past couple of months and mailed it off to the publisher this morning. Now, I wait for the feedback - this is the first time I signed a book deal ahead of them seeing the manuscript.

I also heard this week that I'm on a panel at Bouchercon on Friday morning - Bouchercon is in Cleveland and runs the first week of October. That same evening, I'll be one of the authors participating in 'Meet the Canucks', a cocktail kind of event to introduce Canadian authors. Normally, this conference gets about 1500 people attending so a huge undertaking. The U.S. Midwest is known for being a hotbed of mystery fans.

So lots of busy times ahead. This, however, is the Labour Day long weekend and I'm happy for the break from real life. I hope you too are managing to kick back with family and friends to enjoy the dog days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment