Sunday, July 24, 2011

On Vacation in Prince Edward County


Ted and I, Kathy and Bill, Janice and Peter headed out last Saturday for a week of relaxation in Cherry Valley, deep in the heart of Prince Edward County - wine and beach country. We managed our share of both. We stayed in Britannia House (see photo below) - what can only be described as a luxury summer cottage - the place even had a panini-maker. The weather was hot and sunny and we made it to Sandbanks every day and sometimes twice. Body surfing in the waves was a blast, particularly the afternoon we spent at Wellington Beach, which had high winds and ocean-sized waves.

Our only mistake was listening to a local who sent us to an inland lake - he forgot to mention it was swarming with snakes, or should I say slithering. One came at me with its mouth open just after I'd jumped in and I was like a cartoon character churning out of there.

Anyhow, good times with great friends but sadly no writing. I am going to make up for it this week though. I'll also be at Collected Works (Wellington and Holland)this Saturday from one to three p.m. and all my books will be available. Hope you can stop by to say hello if you're in Ottawa.

Back to writing . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment