Friday, February 4, 2011

New Website Up and Running!

This is a special day for a couple of reasons.

My new website was launched in the wee hours of the morning by Jared Polowick of Foxhound Studio and you can now view his handiwork at http://www.brendachapman.ca/ The reason for the revamp was so that I can update the site myself - in future, any errors will be mine alone :-) Anyhow, I'm interested in your feedback although I have to say, everyone so far has heaped praise.

The site also has the first-time ever viewing of the book cover for Second Chances, the young adult novel due out this fall. There is also a description of the plot that will appear on the back cover and online book sites.

Finally, if you look under reviews for In Winter's Grip on the new website, you'll find a recent review by Don Graves of the Hamilton Spectator. Don Graves and Margaret Cannon of the Globe and Mail are two of the most revered mystery reviewers for mystery authors, so I'm feeling a little plumped up.

An editing weekend lies ahead, and I'm oddly looking forward to it. Second Chances arrived with the first round of changes from my editor Allister Thompson, and I'm aiming to have it back to him by Sunday evening. As I glance through it, the chances are relatively minor so the goal should be doable.

Other reasons today is special?
Well, It was light when I left the house this morning at 7:15 and blue sky is still visible as the clock heads to 5:00 p.m. The dark days of winter are lifting. Spring can't be far off, and that's a reason to celebrate in my corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment