Saturday, April 23, 2016

Book Signing Today - Carlingwood Coles

First things first - today, I will be signing copies of the Stonechild and Rouleau series, including the latest release Tumbled Graves, from 11:15 a.m. until 1:15 p.m. at Coles in the Carlingwood mall, Ottawa. If you'd like a signed copy or a chat, please stop by - I'd love to see you.


The Ottawa Writers Festival was on this week (still a few events to come) and I did a presentation about creating my lead cops in the Stonechild and Rouleau series and was on a panel with Linwood Barclay, Joy Fielding and John Lawton, who each presented and read as well. The festival team was warm and welcoming and very professional, getting us hooked up with mics and ready to appear and serving up beverages and food afterward. We had a good turnout and I had a great time -- such a pleasure to meet these terrific, best-selling authors and get to spend the evening with them. There were several familiar faces in the audience, making the night even more special. You can read more about the evening in this Writers Festival blog post. I have to say that writing has given me memorable experiences that I never would have had otherwise.

Barbara Fradkin, me and Joy Fielding
With Linwood Barclay and John Lawton

Writing news. I completed drafting discussion questions for No Trace, fifth in the Anna Sweet novellas and signed a contract for book six, due next spring. I've also been working on a special project for the publisher, but more about that another time. I managed some work on my latest Stonechild manuscript, now closing in on 10,000 words. I have to pick up the pace, but I'm still questioning the plot as it has unfolded so far. As I wrote previously, this book is starting differently than the others and while intriguing, is also proving to be more of a challenge.

I've been retired from the government just over three weeks now and must say that I've never lacked for things to do. The tough part is getting my head around the fact that I have all day to get things done and that I don't have to rush all the time...or look for another job! It's like my life has done a 360 and my mind is having trouble computing. I've been told to take several months to settle in and I guess this might be good advice. Luckily, warm weather is on the horizon with lots to do outdoors and some travel planned later in the summer. I think I'll be okay :-)

And so, time to get myself organized for the day and off to the mall a bit later on. Wishing everyone a great weekend.

My good buddy Darlene Cole spotted this Perfect Books window display!




No comments:

Post a Comment