Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Busy Spring

Spring!

The sun is shining, crocuses are in bloom, snow is nearly gone. The change of seasons is always invigorating and makes me want to tackle new projects.

I received the cover concept for No Trace, the fifth Anna Sweet novella and quite like it. I've been asked to write the accompanying questions to go with the book for adult learners and to write a sixth Anna Sweet due next spring. My publisher said that she reread the edited manuscript a few days ago and doesn't want the series to end!

As for the Stonechild and Rouleau series, the designer is now working on a cover for the fourth entitled Shallow End. This one will be published in 2017, likely in the fall. Marketing starts soon but the editing will not happen until early next year. Meanwhile, I am working away on the fifth in the series and am closing in on 8000 words. Every book has its own rhythm I am finding, with the plot like a puzzle that unfolds as I write. This manuscript is different than the others and so far keeping me intrigued.

Tomorrow evening will find me with Linwood Barclay, Joy Fielding, John Lawton and Barbara Fradkin at the Ottawa International Writers Festival, speaking about our books and crime writing. You can join us at 8:30 p.m. at Christ Church Cathedral on Sparks Street -- more ticket information is available on the website. It should be a marvelous evening. You can also check out the other authors who will be appearing at the festival - a terrific and eclectic lineup this spring.

Next Saturday, April 23, I'll be signing at Coles Carlingwood between 11:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. if you are still in search of the Stonechild and Rouleau books. Then, on Saturday, April 30, I'll be taking part in the Authors for Indies day, appearing at Books on Beechwood between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. to take to readers about books I've read and recommend. We only have a few independent bookstores remaining in Ottawa and they offer personalized service and are a such a valuable resource in our communities. Plan to drop by and talk to staff, meet local authors, buy a book, and spread the word.


Ted and I spent the last few days in Toronto watching our daughter Lisa curl in the Players Championship and they've (i.e. Team Homan) made the quarter finals today at noon. So, I'll set aside my writing while the games are on Sportsnet today and tomorrow, and fit in some writing here and there. Happily, I have all week now to write and don't have to cram it in after work and on weekends.

Good week, everyone. Take time to enjoy the spring sunshine :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment