Saturday, May 9, 2015

Braking for Turkeys

An uneventful drive home from Malice Domestic with the exception of a big old wild turkey running across the highway in front of our car in Northern Pennsylvania. I'd never seen one before and was surprised at the size.


Before the turkey sighting, we visited the Mechanisburg Mystery Bookshop for an author chat and readings. We were warmly welcomed by the owner Debbie Beamer, who opened the store especially for our visit. A nice crowd of readers was on hand and they asked a lot of questions following the talk about our books. A most enjoyable few hours.



 Owner Debbie Beamer
 Me, MaryJane Maffini, Erica Chase, Eva Gates
With mystery reader Stacie Amelotte
 
I'll be at Chapters Rideau in Ottawa today to sign copies of Cold Mourning and Butterfly Kills from noon to two alongside Eva Gates (Vicki Delany) and Erica Chase (Linda Wiken). All welcome to drop by - I'm the only one with one name :-)
 
The Tumbled Graves manuscript was in my e-mail mailbox upon my return from Malice and I have until a week Monday to go through Jennifer's edits, putting my writing on hold for a bit. It's actually a good exercise to stop and reread book three to make sure I have continuity with the characters and storylines. Jennifer has already picked out a few inconsistencies from the first two books.
 
And finally, I wrote a guest blog for the Ottawa Public Library about setting - whether to select a real or fictional location. Some light reading with your morning coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment