Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Trio of Book News

Three bits of news this week to share.

First, I'll be signing copies of Cold Mourning and Butterfly Kills today from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at Perfect Books  at 258A Elgin (Between Somerset and Cooper) - The owner Jim is a former Lisgar High School English teacher, who bought the store because he loves books, and now Perfect Books is one of the few independent bookstores left in Ottawa. Some of you might remember Cortez who worked at Shirley Leishman's for years - well Cortez works at Perfect Books and he knows more about authors and books than anybody in the industry. Needless to say, their selection is great, including mysteries. Come check out  the store today if you have a chance and I'll be around for a chat.


Cortez and me last June at a Cold Mourning signing. Photos by my friend Pat Walton.


In the second photo, I'm talking with Jim, owner of Perfect Books.

Okay, second bit of news. Butterfly Kills made Margaret Cannon's 'six crime novels worth a read' in today's Globe and Mail. Very cool that she uses my book cover as the column's photo and great to be alongside so many good authors, including Gail Bowen. I'm looking forward to picking up her latest.

And third on my plate, I'm being interviewed Monday morning at around 5:45 a.m. (for all you early birds) on Shelley McLean's CFRA radio show On Target Ottawa. Here is the link where you can listen live because what else do you have to do this time in the morning?

So, best get moving so I make Perfect Books for one. I still have laundry and shopping to fit in and hope to get back writing...going to be a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment