Saturday, June 15, 2019

Raptors, Fathers Day and Summer on the Way!

Happy Saturday.

I'll be at Coles Carlingwood today (Saturday) from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. signing copies of the Stonechild series, including the latest Turning Secrets. Come by and say hello if you get the chance.

In addition, I'll be signing at Perfect Books on Elgin on Saturday, June 29 between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. so another chance to meet up if the downtown is more convenient.

Also this week, Dundurn revealed the cover for Closing Time, last in the series, which comes out May 2020. I worked on the back cover text this week and await the first round of edits from my editor Shannon Whibbs. This is the cover - I love the ominous vibe ...


I spent most of the week alternating between working on my latest manuscript and researching for my workshop at the Women Killing It festival in Picton on the Labour Day long weekend. Registration is now open and this poster has the link to the site with all the information. I'm pleased to be part of this cast of up and coming and established Canadian crime fiction writers.


So an eventful week with the Toronto Raptors winning the NBA championship on Thursday and Fathers Day tomorrow. It's good to have events to celebrate that unite the country. We Canadians also are united by our obsession over the weather and looks like we're turning the corner into summer-like conditions in the Ottawa Valley. Barbecues, drinks on the back deck, bike rides, working in the garden, and long lazy days are on the horizon. Good days ahead, starting with our celebration of all the men in our lives tomorrow.

Happy Fathers Day all you dads out there :-)

Columbine in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment