Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lots Good

First, I have to congratulate and to acknowledge the terrific week that Team Homan had at the Scotties, Canada's national ladies' curling competition. Not only did they win every game over the round robin and playoffs, but Rachel never had to throw her last rock in any game. It's like throwing a no hitter, but more so. Now, they head off to Worlds in St. John, New Brunswick beginning March 15. More fine shot-making and excitement to come!

I'm back into more concentrated writing on my latest manuscript. I received word that I should have a draft completed by June so I have to pick up the pace. I'm now closing in on 36,000 words and want to be at 40,000 by the end of February. I have the next few sections mapped out and am ready to get at it today.

I also received some lovely review feedback on Friday. Quill and Quire, Canada's book industry publication, reviewed Cold Mourning in their March issue, just out. I hope that the entire review is posted on their website, but am not sure how they select these. Some words used to describe the book are 'fast-paced' and 'suspenseful wintery mystery'. Another well known reviewer let my publicist know by e-mail that he is writing a review and thinks this is 'a hit series in the making'. Words to make my heart swell :-)

Dundurn has sent word that copies of Cold Mourning arrived in the warehouse on Monday. This means that they'll delivering them to stores now and my author copies will be arriving early this upcoming week. I've been sending out invitations to the March 9 launch at Whispers and will continue to send them out as I have time. You can help spread the word.


Dundurn also posted a couple of interviews this week: one with me and one with my editor Jennifer McNight.

So, all in all a very good week even if the weather continues to be lousy. If you are like Ted and me, you're sick of the snow and cold and missing sunshine. Talk of moving to Equador has gone from back burner to simmer although I'm sure spring weather will end the musings for a while. I do have that week in California coming up in a few weeks.

Guess I can hang in until then.



No comments:

Post a Comment