Saturday, September 3, 2011

September Heat


Just a quick bit of blogging today because my neighbour's pool is calling. It's a sweltering day for September and the all-day rain the weather forecasters promised has turned into blue skies and sunshine. Great for the last long weekend of summer.

This Thursday, I'm part of an exciting event - People, Words and Change, an adult literacy organization, is holding a breakfast and I'm one of three guest speakers, the others being Ottawa mayor Jim Watson and Brian Kilrea of Ottawa 67s fame. CJOH sports director Terry Marcotte is the MC - not bad company, aye? I talk for five minutes and have my notes prepared - exciting but also a wee bit nerve-wracking!

I got a call this week from the local paper Ottawa This Week. They asked for an interview and we set a time for Tuesday. I'll let you know when the article appears and hopefully, I can link to it.

Other than that, I spent an evening with other members of Capital Crime Writers working on the upcoming free, all-day mystery author event at the Ottawa Public Library on October 22nd - mark your calendars - free lunch and a chance to meet most of Ottawa's mystery authors. (Did I mention this is free?) We're planning for a fun day.

I'm onto the last two chapters of my manuscript and will be spending some time writing this afternoon . . . just as soon as I have that swim. The photo today is on our front deck taken just minutes ago. The geraniums are into their second bloom of the summer. I know that not all corners of the country have had the phenomenal weather we've had, but this is one stretch of time I'm awfully glad to be living in the Nation's Capital.

No comments:

Post a Comment