Saturday, July 29, 2017

Chapters Rideau Signing Today!

A good-looking Saturday morning underway. I'll be signing the Stonechild and Rouleau series today at Chapters Rideau from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. You can come downtown to see the giant spider and dragon and pop in to say hello! This will be my last book signing of the summer.

There's lots to see downtown - I was there for lunch yesterday at the NAC patio overlooking the canal, then a wander up to Parliament Hill. Today, I'll check out the Byward Market on a search for the big machines after my signing and might hang around to see the Northern Lights light show on the Hill.


The one bad thing about the lovely summer weather we had this week is that I've been spending less time in front of the computer. Instead, I've been visiting with friends and neighbours and enjoying being outside. I did manage to complete the main idea paragraphs although I have to spend a bit of time going through the last few to tweak wording and make certain they hit the grade 4/5 grade level.

We're getting ready to edit Bleeding Darkness and I was asked to write a synopsis for marketing earlier this week. I continue to plug away at book six, now two thirds of the way through the first draft. I'm at the point where the characters are ramping up the action and all their secret, nefarious activity is coming into the light.

Thank you to those who've emailed me about the books. I always enjoy hearing from you. A few readers have suggested we line up a bus and take a Kingston bar hop of the pubs in my books. Maybe, I should apply for a grant ....

So, one more cup of coffee, a bit of writing at my computer and then I'll catch the bus downtown to Chapters. Should be another fine day.

Raining sparkles in the National Arts Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment