Saturday, January 10, 2015

Southern Dreaming

So that was a cold week. Frost bite warning, -37 C with the wind chill (and there was wind) and brutal mornings standing in the dark waiting for the bus to go downtown to work. Made me want to curl up under a blanket with a bowl of pasta and some chocolate cake.

Made me wonder why I haven't booked a trip south.

I managed to finsh going through my latest manuscript, doing a quick edit and making notes of the key points in each chapter. This weekend, I'm ready to get back writing and start the plot moving forward as I finish up the first third of the book. Time to pick up speed.

Still no sign of my box of Butterfly Kills books from Dundurn. I was in touch with the author in Toronto who received my books by mistake before Christmas and he reported that they had been picked up. Hopefully, they'll arrive early this week. The book is now available on Amazon .ca and Chapters if the date on their websites is correct. It will be released in the U.S. in February. I also set up a couple of free copies for a draw on Goodreads - if you're a member, you can put your name into the draw.

I'm now set to visit the Multicultural Centre in Moose Jaw (not Cuba) in February to speak to adult learners about the Anna Sweet mysteries and the writing life. I'm hoping to also do a signing in the Moose Jaw Chapters for the Stonechild and Rouleau books but am waiting for confirmation from my Dundurn publicist. Moose Jaw in February - just when you thought it couldn't get any colder....


 
I'm having a sluggish morning. I slept in longer than normal and am still sleepy after two cups of coffee. This must be my body's response to our Canadian winter. I've actually got a chocolate coconut cake recipe that I'm cued up to make once I get myself moving and head to the market for ingredients. This is my solution to the deep freeze and likely the origin of the expression, "Let them eat cake": Comfort food and sleep.

Stay warm my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment