Saturday, January 24, 2015

Tea and Honey

A rather exciting week that was.

My author copies of Butterfly Kills arrived Thursday evening and I finally got to hold the book for the first time. Always a thrill to open the box and pull one out.



The next exciting news is that Butterfly Kills is generating media interest. Now I'm told by my publicist that publications do not like authors to broadcast upcoming press ahead of time, so I'm going to stay mum.  You will need to check back over the next month or so to find out who and where!

However, for the Anna Sweet mysteries, I was already interviewed by the Moose Jaw Times Herald for my upcoming visit to the Multicultural Centre to speak to the adult learners and to do a reading. I'm told that most of the adults are new Canadians who are working on literacy skills. The Optimists Club in Moose Jaw is donating $200 so that every one of the students can receive a copy of one of my books - such a generous thing for them to do.

My Dundurn publicist Karen McMullin has been working to have me appear in a Moose Jaw bookstore to sign copies of the Stonechild and Rouleau mysteries, only to discover that the closest bookstore is in Regina - 45 minutes down the highway. So, I'm going to be appearing in the Regina Chapters on Friday, February 20 from 1-2 pm. Help to spread the word if you know anyone in Regina.

I'm posting a short one today as the cold and/or flu returned a few days ago to make me somewhat miserable. Ted got me moving with a cup of tea and honey, but I think a second nap is in order. I hope your weekend is healthier than mine has shaped up to be :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment