Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fending Off the Panic Zone

So, one week to the big day. Still no tree bought or Christmas lights up outside. No baking done. Gifts not wrapped. Seems to me, things are running right on schedule.

I'll bet you're wondering how I'm going to pull this one off seeing as how I still have a week in the office ahead of me. I'm actually beginning to wonder a bit myself. The photo above was taken last Christmas in Vegas. One of the hotels had this amazing display - obviously the hotel staff had some time on their hands.

You can come out and commiserate with me about Christmas pasts and the state of this one on Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 9:00 at the Ottawa Citizen Conference Centre at 1101 Baxter Road - Randall Denley, Mary Jane Maffini, Barbara Fradkin, C.B. Forrest, R.J. Harlick and I will be selling and signing copies of our books - nice Christmas gifts for readers on your list.

I've been working away on a new manuscript and like how it's coming along. I hope to complete a chapter today in between finishing up my shopping and heading out for another Christmas dinner with friends. About the only thing I've managed to stay ahead of this season is the socializing - but maybe that's what it's all about anyhow - getting together with friends and family over some good food and wine.

Time to put on some Christmas music and crank up the gas fireplace. I have another hour or so before I need to go outside. Plenty of time for another cup of coffee while I get myself organized . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment