Saturday, September 21, 2019

Moving into Autumn

Such a beautiful September weekend we're having here in the Ottawa Valley. It's almost a shame to be inside with this summery weather. I've spent most of my days writing at my desk but pack up late afternoon to work in the garden and to sit in the backyard with a glass of wine. If only this could last another month!

The output

And the writing has been going great guns. I was aiming to have the first draft of my latest manuscript written by the end of October but I'm thinking now that it will be done within the next couple of weeks. Then, I'll go back, pull scenes together and flesh some out more. After a couple of reviews, I've got a few people lined up to give it a read since this is essentially a new genre for me and I want to make sure the storyline holds water with a good build up of suspense.

So this past week, I had my head down for the most part, writing or thinking about the plot. I've yet to complete a few publicity tasks but will get to them this week. I also appeared on 1310 News The Power Lunch on Monday, getting a request from the producer to appear Sunday. During the first part of our half hour discussion, Mark Sutcliffe asked me about being the mom of an Olympian curler and how a child achieves such a level - you can listen to my responses at this link.

With The Power Lunch host Mark Sutcliffe

I'll be writing a blog post for this Monday's 7 Criminal Minds blogspot which you can check out on the day. We are actually 10 authors from Canada, the U.S. and Britain who answer a weekly question so you get a variety of perspectives if you follow the blog each day (with the exception of weekends).

Another writing workweek ahead although I'll also try to get outside as much as I can since the weather forecast is for continuing warmth with some rain early in the week. This is such a beautiful time of year - I hope you are also able to enjoy some time outdoors enjoying the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment