Saturday, April 20, 2019

Into the Easter Weekend

Good Saturday morning and Happy Easter. Hope the bunny shows up at your house with some chocolate and jelly beans.

I'm excited this week to have an event with Barbara Fradkin and CBC Radio host Giacomo Panico at the Carlingwood Branch of the Ottawa Public Library. The day is Thursday, April 25 and the time is 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. We all live in Kitchissippi ward and the title of the event is Murder in the Hood. All are welcome to this free hour with no pre-registration required.

This past Wednesday, I participated in the Arthur Ellis shortlist evening at Chapters Rideau. Mary Jane Maffini adeptly MC'd the evening and interviewed five authors about our writing. There were similar events taking place across the country with the shortlists announced at precisely eight o'clock. Not many on the lists from the Ottawa area, but I know several of the authors and send my congrats to all, particularly to Vicki Delany who was awarded the Derrick Murdoch award by Crime Writers of Canada for all her contributions to the crime fiction community in Canada. Bravo!
The crew: Madona Skaff, Paulette McCarthy, Jim Napier, Linda Wiken, me & Mary Jane Maffini
Linda Wiken, me & Mary Jane Maffini

Madona Skaff, Paulette McCarthy and Jim Napier

So Turning Secrets will be on the shelves in a few weeks and Dundurn marketing is gearing up. They sent along these images, which they'll be using in publicity. Kind of cool.


I've been getting in quite a bit of writing this week and am back on schedule. I'm having fun on this first draft, not sure if it's any good, but enjoying myself nonetheless. I've also been tidying up some loose ends with my Anna Sweet publisher and have some chapter questions to write for the last book.  We're still waiting for the designer to come up with some cover image choices but expect to receive them soon.

And still getting the word out about the upcoming Ottawa launch ...






No comments:

Post a Comment