Saturday, February 9, 2019

Ramping Up

One week ago, we were in Elmira, Ontario waiting for the provincial ladies curling final. My daughter's team Homan ended up victorious and will represent the southern half of the province at the nationals in Sydney, Nova Scotia in a few weeks. Such an exciting finish to the week!

I managed to settle back into my writing rhythm and have about a thousand words left to write on draft one of the Anna Sweet novella. Well, draft one anyway. I'll then spend a few weeks editing before I submit it to Grass Roots Press for their review. After that, I have to write the questions that accompany the last two books for teaching purposes. So no holiday yet.

For those of you following the optioning of my Stonechild and Rouleau series for television, the option ended at the end of January but it has been renewed for another couple of months. I'm finding that this is a slow process with no guarantees, but the possibility keeps life interesting.

On the publicity front, I'm thrilled to tell you that CBC Radio's Giacomo Panico will be interviewing Barbara Fradkin and me at the Carlingwood branch of the Ottawa Public Library on Thursday, April 25 from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. We're all from Kitchissippi and Barb and I have both set some of our books  in and around Ottawa. You won't need to sign up but mark the date and time in your calendars and plan to drop by. We'll talk about writing crime fiction and our books and the local hook. Giacomo is the host of In Town and Out as well as a reporter so I'm excited to have him on board for the event.

And for those of you who haven't heard about my upcoming book launch for Turning Secrets, mark the date! Sunday, June  2 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at The Cross on Elgin. It'll be a party with musical guests The Haughian Brothers Band providing the entertainment. Perfect Books will be on hand with books for purchase and there will be food.


So this weekend, I'll be writing a blog post for 7 Criminal Minds that you'll be able to read on Monday. I'm also planning to finish that manuscript - good to have goals :-) It'll be nice to get the manuscript in the done column before spring weather arrives. Before the Scotties week starts.

The busy February continues.

Happy Valentine's Day :-) xo


No comments:

Post a Comment