Saturday, January 12, 2019

January Morning

Good morning everyone.

This has been a busy week working behind the scenes. The big writing news is that my Ottawa book launch is set and everyone is lined up to make the afternoon a fun event. Everyone is invited so save the date: Sunday, June 2, 2019 from 2-4 p.m. at The Cross on Elgin. This is the same place as the Bleeding Darkness launch and Bernie is returning with a slightly modified band line up that includes his brother, now calling themselves The Haughian Brothers Band. Perfect Books will also be on site to sell books. This is like an annual party where I get to see my friends, new and old!


I've also been corresponding with my Dundurn publicist about various publicity and media ideas and think we have a plan nailed down. Advance reading copies were sent out this week to reviewers so things are gearing up already. I'm lining up a few spring gigs, including one at Carlingwood Library with Barbara Fradkin that I'll have more details about soon. We both live in Kitchissippi Ward so seems like a fitting idea to get together to talk books and writing at our local library.

I also heard from my Grass Roots Press publisher this week. She wanted to know if I'd started writing the last Anna Sweet novella as she plans a publicity campaign for the series in the fall. I spent the last few days rereading the books to refresh my memory about all the characters and plot lines and got writing the opening chapter yesterday. I think I've got a good start to the story. I have to wrap up this series as well, having just written the last book in the Stonechild and Rouldau series. It's going to be odd not having any contracts and deadlines, but I'm ready to start something new even if I'm going to miss my characters.

Finally today, I'm deeply saddened by news of the city double decker bus crash at Westboro station yesterday during rush hour. Three people died at the scene and about twenty-five injured, several critically. This is the station where I caught the bus to work and the stop on my way home for all those years I worked downtown. Such a horrific tragedy on what should have been a typical drive home on a January Friday afternoon. Our hearts are heavy and our thoughts are with the victims and their families today.

No comments:

Post a Comment