Saturday, December 8, 2018

Into December

Good morning everyone. A bit of a chilly one here in the Ottawa Valley, hitting about -20 C. overnight. Might take me a while to make my way outside.

I spent the week editing and reworking my manuscript and am about done the first go-through. I aim for about 90,000 words when all is said and done, but on the first draft, try to be closer to 85,000 words as I always add text on the first edit. I'm now at 88,000 words so added 4,000 words on this first edit. Anyhow, I have enough time to have at least one more edit and might try for two before I turn this last Stonechild book in to Dundurn.

I wrote a blog post for 7 Criminal Minds blogspot on Monday about my writing routine and whether or not I ever break it. Those of you who follow this blog know that I'm not dogmatic about my schedule and often get pulled all over the place on publicity, events and work for the publisher. Not to mention my active social life :-) Anyhow, click this link and read more about my days!

Most of you also know that my daughter Lisa plays lead for the World Champion and Olympian ladies curling Team Homan and my younger daughter Julia plays second for team Cadorin. We spend a lot of time following their games and travel to play downs when we can. Lisa's team is playing in Estavan Saskatchewan this weekend and the games are on TSN with two on today. All this to say, my 'writing schedule' is out the window. You can check out the games: 10 a.m. EST this morning with the semi-final at 2:00 p.m.

So, time to get my day underway. This means another cup of coffee and reading a few chapters of Starlight by Richard Wagamese - such a lovely book if you're looking for some evocative writing. I'm taking my time and savouring his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment