Saturday, November 17, 2018

Out and About

Good Saturday morning.

Two events coming up this week. On Thursday, you can catch me again on 1310 News Radio's Power Lunch with Mark Sutcliffe discussing the news of the day. Every week brings new topics in this off-kilter world so tune in if you have time to hear our take on the goings-on of the day.

Then on Saturday, I'll be at Indigo Barrhaven from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m., the first two hours with Jim Napier and the last hour with Barbara Fradkin. This will be my last signing before Christmas so please drop by and say hi if you're in the area and maybe get a jump on your shopping. I've always bought books for my daughters for Christmas gifts and think what could be better than giving several hours of escapism into a good story? I've been lucky to be on the receiving end as well - makes my holidays that much more relaxing to bury myself in a book between visiting and eating. You can also meet other Ottawa crime fiction authors on Saturday and Sunday as part of the store's Mystery Weekend and check out their work.


Last Saturday, I signed for a few hours at Coles Carlingwood and met some new readers and had some good chats. We sold out of Cold Mourning and Butterfly Kills so I hope that I hook them on the series! Here I am getting set to meet people.


I've buckled down at the computer this past week, writing about 1000 words every day and getting so close to the end of the manuscript's first draft that I can see the finish line. I'm actually into the big reveal scenes and lo and behold, the plot is holding together. I'd hoped to be done by today, but there's still a bit more story to unfold. This will give me five or six weeks to whip the draft into shape before January 1st. I'm told that I'll be working with Shannon Whibbs who edited the last couple of books. Things are falling nicely into place, much like the snow falling outside my window.

Winter  arrived in full force Thursday night with our first major storm of the season. Hard to believe Christmas is slightly over five weeks away ....

No comments:

Post a Comment