Saturday, August 4, 2018

Back to Work

Back home from the East Coast trip - left the cool nights and fog behind and returned to the sweat box. However, I'm spending the week at my desk as I go through the copy edits for my next book Turning Secrets with a tight deadline. So I'm spending the long weekend staring at my computer screen ....

I've been invited back to 1310 Radio's Power Lunch this Tuesday from moon to 12:30 if you have a chance to tune in. We talk about the issues of the day and the show is simultaneously broadcast on Rogers Cable 22 and 1310 Facebook Live.

I'll also be at Chapters Gloucester on Sunday, August 19 between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. if you'd like to come by for a chat and/or a signed copy of any of the Stonechild books. This is the only signing I have lined up for the summer although Chapters Carlingwood has asked me to set up another signing at their store in the fall. The managers in both stores have been super supportive so shout out to Amanda Malone, Heather Mallette and Diane Walker.

And my last bit of news for the week: my fellow crime writer and friend Robin Harlick invited me to join 7CriminalMindsblogspot, a long-running blog that has a cast of authors posting on different days. I'll be posting once every two weeks as I answer a question that will also be answered by other crime writers throughout the week. Should be fun to put my mind around different topics of writing interest. I'll share the posts here once I get started but you can also meet some other fine crime writers if you bookmark the link.

I don't have much time to chat this week if I'm to get that editing done on time but I'll close with some photos from my Nova Scotia holiday and the sea-bound coast. I'm already going through seafood withdrawal. The lobster catch is a good one this year although somewhat depleted after Ted and I ate our way through several pounds.



 Cape Forchu lighthouse south of Yarmouth



 Our B & B in Digby - the charming Bayside Inn
 The purple and blue hydrangea are gorgeous and in gardens all over the province.
The Digby lighthouse was rotting on a St. John pier and returned to Digby in exchange for a load of scallops. Our nephew Keith Weagle rebuilt the lighthouse and it stands in the centre of town overlooking the harbour.






No comments:

Post a Comment