Saturday, August 12, 2017

Summer Respite and Lots of Wine

So Ted and I are on a road trip. And what should we come across on our travels in Brockville, but this mother of a ...




The big duck was grounded yesterday but apparently to be in the St. Lawrence by today. All the hotels in Brockville were booked for the weekend. Kind of bizarre. Not something I'd organize my holiday around but some people must be. We can be a strange lot.

I finally received the editor's edits for the Bleeding Darkness manuscript Tuesday late in the day. I spent that evening and all day Wednesday and Thursday going through the manuscript and addressing her comments. Some of this involved rewriting a sentence or adding a line or two. Nothing major although she's asked me to consider adding two scenes, which I'm leaving until the end. I have to have this done on Monday so I'll be at it when we return to Ottawa tomorrow.

We're in Prince Edward County now at Huff Estates and just completed the first wine-tasting of the day with a tour starting shortly - a driver will be taking us to five wineries, and while the weather report says it's raining in Ottawa, we're having a lovely sunny day here. I'm thinking the gods are smiling on us :-)

Last night, we went into Picton and had a very tasty meal at Clara's restaurant in this old inn. We sat on the covered verandah while a few bouts of rain moved through. The storm settled in over night with heavy rain, thunder and lightning rumbling overhead all hours, but sun this morning. All this to say, no writing or editing for me today - viva des vacances!

 Clara's restaurant is upstairs looking out over the back garden.
Down the hill from Clara's with night settling in

No comments:

Post a Comment