Saturday, August 6, 2016

Out and About in the Dog Days of Summer

I arrived back in Ottawa on Monday and the proofs for Shallow End were waiting for me in my in box. I spent the ensuing four days giving the text one last read and recording revisions in a Word document, submitting my changes to Dundurn at the end of the day yesterday. At my end, this is a wrap!

Now, I can get down to working on my latest manuscript. It's been a while and I'm eager to get back at it. Let's hope the words are backed up and ready to gush out in a steady stream of brilliance.

I took a few pictures at the Chapters Thunder Bay signing last Saturday, at which my niece Laura came along to keep my company. I met some lovely people at the store, both staff and customers and managed to sell a few books even though the Harry Potter release was at midnight. (I knew I should have called my last book Harry Patter.)



Also this week, Carol Anne Meehan interviewed me on her author Wednesday half hour on 1310 News AM radio. I phoned in from my office at home and had a good chat about my books, publishing and the mystery scene in Ottawa. As always, I omitted to name some of my fellow authors when put on the spot to name some so let me add Rick Mofina, Patricia Filteau, Alex Brett and Thomas Curran to my list - we have a terrific, vibrant crop of talent that you need to check out.

You can listen to the interview - click on August 3 between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. and my interview is at the 21 minute mark.

So, a little writing and a little travel on my agenda for this week, including a day in Kingston to check out my latest neighborhood and crime scene, which is deep in the woods. Yes, Ted is coming along and wants you to check in and make sure he makes it home by next weekend. Wa ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment