Saturday, July 23, 2016

Lazy Days and Big News!

Another lovely weekend! I've already watered the garden and biked to the grocery store and library. Just brewing another pot of coffee and I'll have a cup with Ted on the back deck before settling down to write.

My happy place and the view from my chair. Ahh, summer.

I have some great news to share. Dundurn is going to make the first two Stonechild and Rouleau books into audio books! You'll be able to listen to the books while relaxing in your back garden or driving or walking with your iPhone. I get to help select the voice actor and sit in on a studio recording so all very exciting! I'm not sure when this all gets underway, but my sense is that it will be very soon - I'll keep you updated as the venture continues.

On my latest manuscript, I have the next two scenes plotted out in my mind as I approach 44,000 words. I'm aiming to pass the 45,000 word mark before I leave for Thunder Bay next week and should make it. Still having fun with this one.

So, I'll be on CBC radio in Thunder Bay likely this coming Friday on Lisa Laco's show Superior Morning, which we'll prerecord on Thursday. Then, I'll be at Chapters in Intercity on Saturday from 1:00 to 3:00 - hoping to see some people from my past!

Good weekend, everyone. Enjoy the last of July! (Lots of happy exclamation marks :-)




8 comments:

  1. I like your happy place - very pretty. Excellent news about the Stonechild and Rouleau audio books. I've loved reading them all - can't wait to hear them brought to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl! Yes, the audio books will be a treat :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful happy place, Brenda. Great news about the audio books. Very cool that that you get to provide input on the voice actor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace - the process for producing the audio books should be very interesting!

      Delete
  3. Very exciting!! Ahh I love your garden! Looks amazing <3

    ReplyDelete