Saturday, May 21, 2016

Merry in May

May long weekend and a glorious warm, sunny three days ahead. I've already watered the garden and had a coffee on the front verandah with Ted. I'll be heading to the Parkdale Market to buy some annuals as soon as I finish this blog post. So much to do...

Two events coming up on the writing front. As mentioned last week, I'll be at Chapters Gloucester next Saturday from 1:00-4:00 p.m. signing copies of Tumbled Graves and the other books in the Stonechild and Rouleau series. Come by and say hello if you are in that neck of the woods.

And on Saturday, June 4, I will be at Prose in the Park, located next to the Parkdale Market. I'll be there most of the day at the Capital Crime Writers table with copies of books for purchase, so lots of time to chat if you come by. I'll be on a panel entitled Code of Conduct on Stage one from 3:00 to 4:00 with some great crime writers coming together from different corners of the country: Ian Hamilton, Dietrich Kalteis, Peter Kirby and John Farrow. An event not to be missed.

Writing is coming along. I'm just over 20,000 words on the latest manuscript. I stalled a bit as I struggled to work out some of the plot and how to proceed with telling the story. I appear to be on track now to make progress. It's now a question of keeping my bum in the chair and making my target word count each day.

So, off to the market now. To wrap up my week, here is a picture of the puppy Trooper that I'm looking after a couple of days a week. He's also quite fond of my garden and here is pretending to be a garden ornament. Hoping I won't notice he ate a couple of plants and dug a few holes.

Have a great, relaxing long weekend, everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment