Saturday, April 30, 2016

Authors for Indies Day!

Today is Authors for Indies Day - authors across the country will be visiting local independent bookstores to support them and spend some time as volunteer salespeople. This year, authors picked their favorite reads ahead of time and will be recommending their picks to customers. I'm going to be at Books on Beechwood from 1:00 to 2:00 this afternoon with my choices and hope you can come by. Perfect Books on Elgin Street and Octupus Books in the Glebe are also hosting authors all day so another option if you are downtown.

I had a wonderful time at Coles Carlingwood last week. The staff is warm and welcoming and lots of people stopped by to chat and buy books, including some friends and neighbours and lots of strangers. A special thank you to Barb Woodward who came out to spend the afternoon keeping me company. Here are a few pics from the day:

I received word from Grass Roots Press that No Trace, the fifth Anna Sweet Novella, will be published in September. It also looks like Shallow End, the fourth Stonechild and Rouleau, will be published by Dundurn in April 2017, not the fall as I first thought. They are working on the cover now and I should see it next week. The cover synopsis has been posted on Amazon and other sites if you are interested in taking a peek.

Writing is going great on my latest manuscript. I'm settling into a routine and aiming for a minimum of 500 words a day. I managed to exceed the target all week. As they say, half the battle is getting your bum in the chair.

Well, spring has been a cold one this year and today is going to be a better one than we've had in a while. May 1st tomorrow so things are bound to start looking up. Let's all put our collective heads together and wish for some sun and heat. Let's get this summer started.....

No comments:

Post a Comment