Saturday, March 5, 2016

In the Heat with Tumbled Graves

Such a busy week that was. Tumbled Graves made its official debut on Saturday accompanied by a couple of blog posts. You can read my responses to questions about my latest in the series posed by Dundurn on their site as well as have a glimpse into my writing space on Cheryl Harrington's blog The Write Spot. Thank you, Cheryl!

And of course, the official Ottawa launch is coming up in a few weeks. I've been sending out electronic invitations, but if you do not receive one, consider yourself invited. We'll be meeting in Whispers pub in Westboro on Sunday, April 3 from 2-4 p.m. with Books on Beechwood on hand with copies for purchase. This will also mark my first weekend of retirement from the government so you might have to raise two glasses of cheer.

I had a great time in Phoenix at Left Coast Crime. The Canadian contingent is known for being a warm and friendly group, and the more of these conferences you attend, the more familiar faces you encounter. I was pleased to meet and spend time with new crime-writing friends Ian Hamilton, Madeleine Harris-Callway and Katherine Prairie, not to mention hanging out with my travel buddy Alex Brett and the rest of the gang. Here are a few pictures from the five days in Phoenix.

First night in Phoenix and sitting on a patio in Scottsdale having enchiladas.
(I am one happy camper.)
An international author event at Poisoned Pen bookstore in Scottsdale, following the enchilladas.
Setting up for 'Meet the Canucks' evening at the Hyatt-Regency organized by Crime Writers of Canada - we met lots of American readers!
Posing with Leslie, who won a copy of my novel Cold Mourning
At the Desert Botanical Garden with fellow crime authors Barbara Fradkin and Alex Brett
R.J. Harlick and Barbara Fradkin at the Desert Garden - such a lovely, hot day - 85 F.
If you wanted a change from crime-writing panels....
With British International Guest of Honour Anne Cleeves -- a group of us went for lunch
on a nearby patio.
My panel on police sleuths with Neil Griffin, Tyler Dilts, Barb Fradkin and Peg Brantley.

So, now back to reality. I returned to the Anna Sweet edits and spent a few days going through them. I need to give the manuscript one more review before returning to the editor for her second look. I've had to put my latest Stonechild and Rouleau project on hold while I edit but have been working on the plot in my head since the brief time change from my trip has had me waking up at odd times.

Finally, a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has taken the time to let me know they enjoyed Tumbled Graves. Please also consider posting a review on Amazon, Chapters, Goodreads...this really does help spread the word.

Good week, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment