Saturday, July 25, 2015

Last of July

I've met my July word count of 80,000 words and am hoping to get a good start on the ending chapters this weekend. I wrote about a thousand words that I'm not entirely happy with but think I've come up with a way to fix this part of the plot. I'm at the point where I have to pull everything together so moving slowly as I think things through. I have a general idea of where I'm headed but still the details to work out....and to write.

Cold Mounrning received some good reviews by readers on Goodreads this past week as well as a review by a California reviewer/librarian Marlyn Beebe. Each review very much appreciated.

I was in Perfect Books on Elgin a few weeks ago, speaking with Jim the owner, and I asked him if he had the latest Liza Marklund crime novel Without a Trace. I'd seen it listed on Amazon but turns out, it was only the electronic version available. Jim said not to worry, he'd get his book agent in Britain to send over a copy, and it arrived Monday. So, I might be the only one in Canada with a hard copy of Marklund's latest! I've read the first few chapters and it's going to be one of those 'can't put it down' reads. Great cover too.


July is entering its last week and promises to be a hot, dry one. No hoidays for me until September but the pace of life has slowed with the heat and longer days. I have lots to get accomplished in August with this latest manuscript but will appreciate the September break even more when it arrives. I hope you are enjoying some lazy time this summer and taking a much needed break from the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment