Saturday, February 14, 2015

Hearts and Valentines

 
The Butterfly Kills book launch last Sunday was well attended with lots of books sold. Some people came because they'd read about the launch in the Kitchissippi Times so I met some new readers from the neighbourhood as well as the gathering of old friends. My cousin Janet drove in from Montreal - a most enjoyable afternoon and I thank Whispers for hosting the event and Books on Beechwood for coming out on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks also to Katherine Hobbs for saying some kind words about my writing although she did question how such a normal-looking person such as myself could write about murder :-) Not sure I have an answer fot that one!



Queen's Univeristy alumni contacted me last week with some questions about my writing. They published the article the next day and you can find it online.

This week, heading to Moose Jaw to cheer on Lisa in the Scott Tournament of Hearts. I'll be visiting the Multicultural Centre on Wednesday morning to meed the adult learners, talk about writing and do a reading. On the Friday afternoon from one to two p.m., I'll be signing books at the Southland Mall Chapters in Regina and hope you'll drop by to see me if you're in the area.

This is Team Homan's fourth Scotties and they return as Team Canada for the second year in a row. There's a great field again this year and games will be shown on TSN beginning this afternoon. Another busy week ahead - Go Team Canada!


Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. Hope some chocolate is coming your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment