Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stuff Coming Up

So close to finishing the manuscript that I'm working on, yet so far. I'm trying to wrap up with a twist ending, but am having difficulty figuring out how Anna Sweet is going to expose the real killer. This has been keeping me up nights. I've started on a scenario that I might have to scrap, but I'll give it a bit more time today and tomorrow.  Hopefully, the pieces are going to come together.

To Keep a Secret is now up on the Grass Roots Press site and available for order. The books were being bound this week and my copies should arrive next week. The books are fun little reads if you've got a few hours to while away. I've set them in my neighbourhood a nd all around Ottawa, which is also rather fun.

I'm off to Perth next Saturday for the Capital Crime Writers/ Classic Theatre Festival event - Tom Curran and I will do brief readings before the play Dial M for Murder., which I've heard through the grapevine is a terrific performance.  I have a few other events coming up and will have to update my website - one in Toronto and the others in Ottawa.

And the advance reviews for Butterfly Kills continue to be very good. In addition, I've gotten feedback from several people this past week who finished reading Cold Mourning. I really enjoy getting this feedback - hearing how the book kept someone up into the night, turning pages. You make me want to keep writing.

I know we say this all the time, but it is hard to believe summer is almost over. Next week is the Labour Day long weekend and kids will be heading back to school. Capital Crime Writers will be having its first meeting of the season on Wednesday, September 10 (7-9 p.m.) in the Honeywell Room at Ottawa City Hall and the speaker is Acting Staff Sergeant Ken Bryden - he'll be talking about street gangs in the city so should be a most interesting and informative session. New members are welcome at a cost of $30 for the year. For more information, check out CCW's Facebook page.

So, time to get down to work and finish up this manuscript. It will be nice to then take a short break before starting the fourth Stonechild and Rouleau. I have an idea brewing and am itching to get started. Looks like the writing bug hasn't been worked out of my system yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment