Friday, March 21, 2014

Left Coast Crime - Day Three

Thursday was a busy day but another fun one.  The skies were robin's egg blue and the temperature climbed to mid-70s by afternoon. Glenda and I took a walk along the boardwalk after breakfast and made it as far as Cannery Row.


I took in a panel in the morning on book marketing. The publicist who was on the panel gave the most interesting information although the authors also talked about their techniques for getting a wider audience. I didn't stray far for lunch since my panel with Louise Penny (International guest of Honour), Ann Cleeves and Deborah Crombie was at 2:30. Our panel name was "Bobbies vs. Mounties" and an ex-California cop turned author named Kathy Bennett moderated. Great fun. The ballroom was packed, Louise being a huge draw. You'll be glad to know that we held up the Canadian side brilliantly.

(l-r) Ann Cleeves, Deborah Crombie, Louise Penny, me and Kathy Bennett. As you can see, we were having no fun at all.

I also ran into Sue Grafton (A is for Alibi . . .) outside the hall and we spent a few minutes trying to turn off the ringer on her iPhone. Since I have a Blackberry, I was no help at all. We ran into each other at the bar later as the event hosted a cocktail hour. I really think you should think about coming to one of these conferences:-)


Sue Grafton

Today, I'm taking in a couple of panels and then lunch with Jan. I'm on my second panel at four o'clock with Linda Wiken discussing Canadian mysteries. I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment