Saturday, December 8, 2012

December Lights

A couple of writing updates to report this week.

First, I guest blogged for Leanne Dyck and she posted yesterday. Leanne is a woman's fiction writer who lives in British Columbia and belongs to Crime Writers of Canada. I very much appreciate that she is helping to get the word out about Canadian authors and that she took so much time to research my background.

And next, I'm going to be at Books on Beechwood with a great crew of mystery authors this Thusday evening (December 13) between 6:00 and 8:00 p.m. at an event called Murder, Mayhem and Mistletoe: Hot Mysteries for the Holidays. All of my books will be available for Christmas reading as will the books of Mary Jane Maffini, Barbara Fradkin, Erika Chase, C.B. Forrest and R.J. Harlick. We'll also have refreshments and snacks so it promises to be a great opportunity to come out and socialize with some of Ottawa's best mystery authors.

I've also been involved in organizing the Capital Crime Writers Christmas dinner, which will be this Wednesday evening with special guest speaker Tim Wynne-Jones. We have room for fifty and most of the tickets are gone so a great evening in store at KS on the Keys.

Writing has been humming along this week as I hit 42,000 words on my latest manuscript. I'm carving out time this weekend and aiming for the 45,000 word mark. The freezing ran/hail/snow today will keep me at it.

Can you believe just over two weeks to Christmas?! We had an odd 17 degree day last week and Ted took advantage to put up some outdoor lights, so way early this year.


I've got my Christmas cards in the mail, turkey on order from the butcher and nearly done my shopping - I've been shopping in the neighbourhood independent shops as opposed to the malls for most of my gifts. The U.S. President is promoting supporting the small business owner, something I also believe in doing. One of the shop owners told me that the businesses along Wellington Street depend on good sales this time of year to stay viable. Not only can you find unique presents, but it's a fun day going store to store and chatting with the owners.

I love the lead up to Christmas with all the get togethers and anticipation, lights and glitter. I think, this year, the world needs the Christmas magic more than ever.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Brenda. I enjoyed your visit to my blog. Congratulation on your word count. I hope the words continue to flow. I'm in the midst of revisions.

    ReplyDelete