Saturday, June 23, 2012

Procrastination and Other Failings

Is anyone else finding it hard to settle in at the computer these hot summer days? There is just so much else to do . . . my garden is crying for a bit of attention, I'm currently reading four novels simaltaneously, mainly sitting on the front deck in the shade, and then there's my neighbour's pool with an open invitation and other neighbours who keep droppng over with glasses of wine . . . . none of which one should miss. There is way too much to do . . . not to mention that pesky full-time job.

I was getting back on writing track, working faithfully every evening and giving myself a firm word count until my chapter didn't save on Tuesday night and I thought I'd lost 3000 words. Luckily, it turned out to be only 400, but it was enough to set me back. Anyhow, onwards and upwards as they say. I'm planning an overnight trip to Kingston one of these fine Saturdays since my latest novel is set there. I want to scout out locations and take photos - I plan to bring along my trusted side-kick Ted, who has a good eye for places to dump bodies - oddly, we've both opted not to have life insurance.

I've discovere the video function on my new Canon camera and filmed, quite shoddily I might add, some of the places we visited in Italy. Just like Where's Waldo, Ted appears in every one although he's not so difficult to find - usually his head fills the screen at some point. Anyhow, I thought you might like to get a feel of Positano on the Amalfi Coast where we spent a day. The film is mercifully short but really gives a feel for the place. Let's see if it uploads. Fingers crossed . . .


Hmmm. It took an awful long time and results are sketchy. Perhaps I'll try uploading it directly into my Facebook page (go to www.brendachapman.ca for the link to my fan page).  It seems cruel to whet your curiosity and then have Blogger.com let us all down. Maybe you'll have to come over and visit so I can show it to you on my computer. (I could set aside my writing for a bit.)

Well, before I get down to it, the butter should be softened for the strawberry shortcake I'm about to bake for supper tonight. My daughter Lisa and I made our annual trek to pick berries this morning and now I have to do something with them.  I know. I know. Where is my self-discipline? Today, it's hiding under a heap of strawberries and whipped cream oozing over  a crumbly cake base.

I write better on a full stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment