Friday, May 7, 2010

Well, I was thinking this was going to be a boring week for the blog, and then, Thursday happened! It opened with my daughter Lisa telling me her article that she submitted to the Globe and Mail Facts and Arguments page will be printed this coming Wednesday. Be sure to check it out!

Next, I get word from the fabulous author, Mary Jane Maffini that she is keen to go on a roadtrip with me to Muncie, Indiana at the end of October to a writers' conference.

I'm pumped.

I'm thinking Thelma and Louise. . . well shorter, better dressed versions of Thelma and Louise . . . with credit cards and nice shoes.

Then, (this is deeper into Thursday morning), I received an e-mail from my publisher at Napoleon that they would like to publish a stand-alone young adult book I submitted a few months ago. It is tentatively called After Annie and set in the Vietnam era. So, you can imagine, that had me smiling. No date of release yet, but possibly in 2011. The story will have you reliving the seventies (or what you can remember of them:-) and remembering what it was like to be sixteen.

The day was capped off with an e-mail from the children's book manager at Chapters Pinecrest to do a book signing in July.

All in all, a pretty good day.

My latest manuscript is coming along. I'm at 40,000 words with rain in the forecast. That'll keep me out of the garden and at the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment